Party Wall Advice

The Party Wall etc Act 1996 applies where someone wishes to carry out work on or close to a boundary. The work may be the erection of a new structure, changes to an existing structure or an intention to carry out excavations within a specified distance of an Adjoining Owner’s (neighbour’s) property.

A common situation is if you want to install the end of a beam into a party wall or undertake foundation excavations to facilitate an extension near to a neighbouring property. Another situation is if you want to remove an adjoining chimney. In many of these situations, notice may need to be served in accordance with the Act and a subsequent Award may be required.

Hamblin Sullivan Associates are experts in the field of party wall matters. We are often appointed to act as the Third Surveyor in the event of a dispute between the Building Owner’s and Adjoining Owner’s surveyors.

Should you wish to discuss your party wall issues please contact your local office.


as featured on
Registered Company Address: First Floor, East Side, Kings Cross, London N1C 4AX * Company Reg. No. 08929011 * VAT Reg No. 186 9999 10